Sunday, April 24, 2011

Danger boy

A few Sundays ago we had a scary miracle happen at our house. I was next door preparing for a camp meeting and Brent was here with our 3 boys getting them ready to eat dinner. He left Gavin (7) to keep an eye on Graham (7months) downstairs in our kitchen while he went up to get our 2 year old. What I heard from next door sounded like a car crash and then I heard my baby crying so I dropped everything and ran over. This is what I saw.



Our 60+ lb pot rack had randomly fall from the ceiling. Notice the blue bumbo? That is where Graham was sitting.



He earned his middle name that day. We figured he has a guardian angel. There is no other way he could have escaped sitting directly beneath that rack and 15 heavy stainless steel pots that went flying through the kitchen. I have got several pans that got dents and one of my big heavy duty mixing bowls was reduced to 20 pieces, but we still have a Graham Danger with only 2 little bumps. Lesson learned, never name your kid Graham!

4 comments:

Keeping up with the Joneses said...

More like don't name him Danger....that is CRAZY SCARY! Poor lil guy with his sweet face all sad :( That is amazing he just had a few bumps. wow I bet you were scared. Glad he's ok!!

Mandy said...

I'm so glad he is okay Jenna! He does have a guardian angel. You have such sweet little boys. Wish I could see you all more!

heather said...

That is so scary! So glad he is ok!

Matt and Jennae Porter said...

Holy cow... what are the odds? Crazy! Little Graham Danger indeed!